For correct stock management, you will need to make sure that all your EKM products have SKUs and if it is a variation item, then each variation will need its own SKU (eg. ladies_shoe_size6, ladies_shoe_size7 etc). Please refer to the Understanding SKUs guide for more detail on what makes a good SKU.
The SKU needs to go into the "Product Code" field on EKM.
Enabling the Product Code Field
1. Log into your EKM account and navigate to the Features section:
2. Under the Installed Features section, make sure you have the "Product Attributes" feature installed, and if not, scroll down to "More Features" and install it:
3. Open Product Attributes and ensure that the "Enable Product Codes" option is ticked (you can enable any additional product attributes from the list while you are here if you like) then click Save:
Adding or Amending Your SKUs
1. Navigate to the Features section:
2. Under the Installed Features section, make sure you have the "Advanced Inventory Manager" feature installed, and if not, scroll down to "More Features" and install it:
3. You can choose to view All Products or only products from specific categories within your webstore, from the left hand pane, then use the Filter and/or Search bar on the top right to search for specific products within that section of your site:
4. Once you have found the product(s) you need to add or edit SKUs for, simply click the SKU in the Product Code column and it will become editable. Add or change your SKU as needed, then hit the Enter key on your keyboard to save your changes:
5. a) If your product has variations, click the Show button under the check box on the left, and the pane will expand to show all variations for that product:
b) As with single products, simply click to edit the SKU in the Product Code column, then hit Enter to save it:
Please ensure that every different EKM product and variation has a unique SKU.
If the same item is listed more than once, the same SKU should be used so that ChannelGrabber can sync stock levels across all occurrences of the same product.
Once they do, you can proceed to import your EKM listings into ChannelGrabber. Please see guides on How to Import Products into ChannelGrabber for more detail on this topic.
Once all your products have been imported, you may want to check out this guide on How to Enable Stock Management in ChannelGrabber to complete the process.