This guide will walk you through the steps required to add products to your Woo Commerce website manually.
It is assumed here that you have already added your products to Cloud Commerce Pro. If you needed help with that step, visit the guide here:
1. Admin Centre
Click “Products” from the Admin Centre.
Locate the product range you wish to add.
1. Click “Search” to open a dialogue box to start a text search.
2. Alternatively you can narrow the list of products alphabetically and then choose the item from the reduced list.
3. Product Range
Click “Option Links” to continue.
4. Range Options
Ensure the product options for Woo Commerce are selected. Which ones you have vary depending on the layout of your website, so you may want to speak to your project manager before setting this up for the first time. Once you have, you can reproduce the steps to add more items.
Alternatively, if you have items already on your Woo Commerce website, you can find them in the same manner you found this product range and take note of which options were selected before applying them to your new listing.
5. Product Range – Edit Variation
Now that you have linked the product range to various categories, you now need to decide how you want them to display for each product variation.
Click a product variation to continue.
6. Product Variation – Edit Categories
1. Click “Edit” to start making changes to the product variation details.
2. The categories you linked the product range to in the previous step will show here. Use the drop down to select how you want these to display.
See the below for how these settings relate to the finished Woo Commerce site.
7. Categories At Work
In the previous step Woocategory2 was set to “men-accessories-hats”. You can see above how this feeds out to the website. The first part, “men” is the top category of the drop down with “accessories” as a sub category and “hats” as a secondary sub category.
8. Admin Centre
When you have your product options set correctly, navigate back to your Admin Centre and click “Selling”.
9. Sales Channel List
Navigate to your Woo Commerce sales channel and click it. These are usually named after your company name followed by “Woo Commerce”.
Click in the search box and type the name of the item range you wish to add.
11. Search Continued
If you are unsure of the exact name of the item range you want to find, simply type a keyword that should be contained in the item range description to view a list of products matching it.
Click the product to continue.
You will be taken to the location of the product. If the product does not exist on the sales channel so far, a button to add it will be shown.
Click the “Add” button to continue.
13. Edit Product
A window will display allowing you to view and edit some of the details of the product range before committing it to your website.
1. If needed you can set pseudo stock levels for a product and it’s variations from here. Pseudo stock can be used to publish more stock than you have or even to show a lower level than you carry, perhaps to create urgency. For a more detailed guide on pseudo stock click here.
2. The net or gross prices for each variation can be set. When one is changed, the other will automatically update to match it.
3. Click “Save” to continue and begin sending your product to Woo Commerce.
14. Uploading To Woo Commerce
A new window will appear as the upload to Woo Commerce begins. Although the information is already pre-populated, there are some changes that can be made.
1. This is a list of the product variations for this particular listing. Clicking each one will allow you to alter details of them separately.
2. This is the title for the product range and applies to all of the variations.
3. This allows you to give each variation a unique name.
4. Depending on the products you are listing, you want a unique description for each variation.
5. Some variations may differ in price to the rest in the range. This can be set here.
15. Uploading To Woo Commerce Continued
Scroll to the bottom of the page for more options and information.
1. You can upload more images for each variation by pressing “Upload”. To delete an image, hover the mouse over it and click the X button.
2. This is the operation queue which shows you that your product range is in the process of being added to Woo Commerce. Refresh the page with CTRL+R to check on the progress.
3. Click “Add Multilisting” if you changed details of them items above. This button will only appear before the product range has completely listed on Woo Commerce. If it has already gone through, click “Sync Listing” which will appear in its place (see step 13 for more info).
16. Completed Listing
Here is an example of a completed listing.
1. When the product range has finished listing, green ticks will appear next to each variation.
2. Click “Sync Listing” to update the listing with any changes you have made such as details, titles or prices.
3. Click “View” to see your listing on your Woo Commerce website. It is advisable to do this in order to ensure you have setup everything to display the way you want it.
4. Click “Remove” if you no longer want the product range listed on your Woo Commerce website.
17. Admin Centre
You can visit the Action Queue to check the status of your listings.
Navigate to your Admin Centre and click “Action Queue”.
18. Actions Queue
The actions queue displays all listings starting with the most recent. Use the filter options in the drop down boxes at the top to narrow down the listings.
1. This shows the status of the listing. A green tick means it has completed, an amber cross indicates a listing has timed out and a red cross shows a listing has failed.
2. Click “More” to expand the selected listing for more detailed information as well as the option to view the listing.