For correct stock management, you will need to make sure that all your eBay items have SKUs and if it is a variation item, it will need to have a parent SKU (eg. ladies_shoe) and then each variation will need its own SKU (eg. ladies_shoe_size6, ladies_shoe_size7 etc). In order for stock to be updated correctly, the parent sku of an eBay listing must differ from any variation SKU(s).
The SKU needs to go into the eBay Custom Label field. Please refer to the Understanding SKUs guide for more general guidance about SKU structures.
To access the Custom Label field, you will need to be subscribed to eBay’s free Selling Manager tool, which you can access here:
To add/amend SKUs on your eBay items you need to do the following: Log in to your eBay account
1) Log in to your eBay account & click "My eBay" and then select “Selling”
2) Once on your Active Listings screen, you need to click the blue "Customise" link just above the listings table and on the right hand side of the screen
3) Select "Custom label" and then click Apply:
4) You will now see a column called Custom label with an "Add" link next to each product
5) Click the "Add" link for each listing you would like to add a SKU to, type the SKU and then click Save. This adds a SKU to a single item, or a parent SKU to a variation item.
For variation listings:
1) Click to Edit the listing:
2) Once the next page opens, find the Variations section and click Edit:
3) Then click Enter SKU and you'll be able to add/edit the SKU for each variation:
4) Once you have added your SKUs, click the Save and Close button on the bottom of the page.
When you have added all your SKUs, your products can be imported into ChannelGrabber using the Import Listings page